Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Laws to live by...

So there can be sooooo many rules when you live in a house, I think that by simplifying them would make them more meaningful.

Housekeeping requirements would be:
- do your dishes
- don't leave all your crap in the common rooms
- and most importantly.... REMOVE YOUR HAIR BALLS FROM THE SHOWER! I just want to gag when I go to get in the shower and see those things chilling in the tub.

Now more importantly than housekeeping there are things that must be done to create a good house dynamic
- Respect each other.  It doesn't matter how old you are, we are all adults and should treat/be treated like adults. (IE- no high horses allowed)
- Be courteous to each other.  people might be going to bed early, studying, or devoing and that means we shouldn't be running and screaming through the entire house
- Give lots of hugs.  In my opinion hugging can only brighten a person's day.
- Laugh and loosen up.  I personally think that laughter is the best medicine... and drinking orange juice.  Life is too ridiculous to get all out of whack over every little thing that doesn;t go your way.  I know there are days when crying is all we can do, but give me a few minutes and I'll find something to make you smile/laugh.

*These are not responses to current housing policies, it's just how think about what the atmosphere in a house, where large or small, should be.

No comments: