Thursday, March 27, 2008

Get a life people

So when I was wandering through the wonderful world of facebook I stumbled across a link for "fanfic" (fan fiction).  It took me back to the days of middle/high school when all the dorky kids would write fanfic about their favorite book, show, movie, or even celebrity (which is totally creepy!).  It just me wonder how much time people really spend devoted to caring on a story, or in some cases creating one.  I guess I get it, I mean I know how I sometimes I feel a lil unsatisfied by the end of a story, like maybe theres more to it, but I'm not going to sit down and write "chapters" about my thoughts.  Allow me to give you some examples; the finale of the oc- Does Kirsten become a stay at home mom? Do Ryan and Taylor get married? and so on.  The Lyndsay Lohan Parent Trap- So they get married, but where are they going to live? Enchanted- It's happily ever after but does that mean that they get married the next day? or does she just move in with them?  are they...."kissing" ;)?  So you catch my drift.  The reality is that I may have to live with those questions because I'm not going to take the time to write a story...or they make a sequel and we all pray that it doesn't suck.  I think the only finite stories are the ones that end with someone  dying.  Could you image in if Jack lived in the Titanic?  there would be "fanfic" up the ying yang... actually, I think some people did write some for that, though I'm not sure how the stories held together.  But who knows, maybe if I procrastinated even more and wrote a few drafts I could write some awesome fanfic too!

No comments: