Thursday, March 6, 2008

Dying to get on the field

Honestly I don't know what has gotten into me.  I guess it's the talk of spring training and the beginning of softball leagues, but I really want to get out there and play some ball.  I know it's super cheesy but I can't wait to play in the church league with my dad and aunts.  we are actually a pretty good team.  I think we lost twice last year.  I think I'm going to go get some knee pads for this year b/c I want to get a little dirtier.  I really wish that I could put together a co-ed team to play in the ARC league made up of girls from adx and guys from ago.  Whenever I'm over in the ps4/stormhall area of campus I can hear the clang of bats and the chatter of players. It makes me very nostalgic.  I ended up on the Bonita Valley website and they have pictures of t-ball and roockie games and they were so cute I almost started to cry.  Its almost as if they are too big for all their equipment.  I really hope we play in the SigEp phil next semester and maybe we wil get lucky and get a few more ballers.  We were pretty good, but we had one horrible inning in each game.  We also got stuck with doofer coaches who had to barrow gloves from their roommates and played a combined 2 seasons.  It would be cool if we could set it up that my dad come out once and run a short practice.  I think 40 years of playing/coaching ball makes him more qualified to get us ready.  Anywho.... I can't wait to get on the field again and walk off dirty and sweaty.

No comments: