Monday, March 10, 2008

From "Eastlake" to "The Lakes"

My sister is constantly complains about being too far away from her family so whenever she gets a chance she points out new housing developements in the area.  Well she finally found one that makes my mom drool like she did over our current residence.  These houses are less than a mile away from my sisters house and they are pretty darn bomb. To put it simply the slogan is, "The Lakes, Above Rancho Sante Fe"....RANCHO SANTA Fing FE!!!  the home home sd newpsies. The one my mom likes is 5400 sq ft (1200 more than mine), 3 or 4 bedrooms and 3.5 bath.  It's got a 4 car garage, but its around to the side of the house so you can't see it.  The back yards are huge and you could do the craziest things back there.  There are also some interior courtyards, which are really cool.  Oh and it has a "prep kitchen" for entertaining and catering needs..... thats a bug assumption that we will have catered events. It's actually kind of funny because I think that our kitchen and great room are bigger than this one.  I told my mom that if we moved up there (which wouldnt happen for awhile) I would have to get a new car b/c my lil hooptie sentra just won't do.  I just don't know how I feel about leaving the 619.... I mean do they have REAL mexican food up there.  Because a girl from chula viiiiista can't live w/o some good greasy mexican food.  I think I'd feel like a monkey that had lived with the fishes all her life, suddenly thrown into a community of monkeys and have to train herself to be a monkey and not a fish.  I need some BC plates to feel at home!!!  My mom said she could easily move and I know my dad wants to b/c he thinks the drug wars are creeping to close to our hood.  Just to be crazy I would buy a pair of chonklas, baggy sweatpants, and wifebeats....gotta bring a lil southbay culture to north county. Now this may happen in the future, but I probably will be out of the house by then (my parents hope I will), because the market is down and my mom is going to have to get an even fattier contract than she did last time.


No comments: