Tuesday, December 4, 2007

a barefoot ball



I totally have the greatest idea for a banquet.  It will never happen b/c it would be kind of expensive, but nontheless.  I saw these OC season 2 promo pictures and the idea of the shoot is that all the guys have tuxes on and the girls have nice dresses on, but they are all just hangingout on the beach while the sun sets.  I could see the banquet being in the spring earlier on a saturday (like 5:30), infront of the del.  You set up a tent where the food is served and tables are set-up.  the decorations would be very elegant...chair covers, nice flatware, candle-abras.  It would be catered by crown-point catering and serve surf and turf.  than you go outside and the bar is set up and there are tables and lounge chairs and blankets set out.  I might even try to throw a bonfire in there somewhere.  I'd also play some bob marley and jack johnson music.  I see the girls wearing pretty dresses, but getting their toes done because they won't be wearing shoes.  they guys would wear suits with ties, or no ties, and no shoes.  I figure (atleast for girls), we like getting dressed up, getting pedicures, the beach, the sunset, and wearing no shoes or flip-flops.  I guess if I could name a theme it would be "causally elagent." But all of this would be really expensive and Im not the VP so I can only imagen. 

(Included is the material that inspired this idea)





1 comment:

perkyNbLue said...

LOVE it!
It doesn't even HAVE to be hecka expensive..
I think being dressed up on the beach sets the mood enough. Heh. I love how you think and I miss you desperately, Monacs!!

♥ Pebbles