Thursday, January 28, 2010

A sad day

I recently heard that Avatar was surpassing Titanic as the highest grossing film and it made me an itsy bitsy sad. No I haven't seen Avatar, and there's a part of me that wants to go see it, but my life won't end if I miss out. It's just that Titanic was the movie of my generation. I had friends that literally went and saw it like 5 times in the theater (I saw it once). I guess when I think about it, every generation/decade has that one "movie". Avatar closed out the first decade of the 2000s. Titanic was the movie of the 90s. ET the 80s. Star Wars the 70s...and so on. If you've every spent the three hours watching Titanic with me you know I make fun of it, but it still tugs at my heart darnit! I remember when we got it on vhs and I always just wanted to watch the first tape b/c the second one was when it started to sink. To this day I watch that STUPID movie and hope Jack doesn't die...JAMES CAMERON YOU SUCK! HAHA. Then we can't skip over the credits because it is necessary to dramatically sing and dance to "My Heart Will Go On". In fact, did you have to sing that damn song in 6th grade choir?...oye. Anyway, lets all observe a moment of silence for the once thought to be "Unsinkable" movie.

No comments: