Monday, July 26, 2010

Fan clubs!

I just don't know if I could ever bring myself to be a hardcore "fan club" member of something and spend money traveling places to meet actors/actresses. I bring this up because every year the people of General Hospital set up shop at some hotel in LA and people buy tickets to go to different actors events, meet and greets. It's just crazy to me that people spend hundreds to fly to LA to meet these people. Don't get me wrong, I think it would be cool to meet some of them, but I ain't spending $85 a pop to sit in a room while ppl ask questions about their character...and I wouldn't even have to go that far. Haha. Plus I've seen pictures of some of these peeps and it's like 100 middle-aged overweight midwesterners in stretchy jeans (ok that's kind of mean). I'd feel super awkward and I don't need to spend any money to feel more awkward than I usually feel. Not to mention the hotel...(here comes my snobbery) is not very appealling. I'm sure it's great for Peggy Smith from kansas city, but this homegirl needs a lil more class. I just don't know. I'm the type of person that would be happy enough to run into or take a picture of someone passing by and not have to suffer through other crap. I want to save my money for other things like... The anniversary sale at nordstrum that goes on at the same time... Now that's something I'd join a fan club for!!!

No comments: