Saturday, November 22, 2008

Living for the awkward pictures

Sometimes I forget about the Greek "bubble" we live in. Tonight was the battle of the bands at AGO and we all came armed with fully charged cameras ready to document the night. Some pics are cute, some are funny, some are awkward, and some are please God delete that from everyones' memories. While ADChi revels in cute pictures primed for scrapbooks, we also loove silly ones. Being a silly night, the majority of the pictures fell into the silly/awkward category... nonetheless, it is college and it deserves to be preserved online for everyone to point and laugh at. 30 minutes after posting all the top-notch photos I got a message from a girl asking me to delete one of them b/c her house has been having problems with ppl taking photos and posting them on party sites. Something like this would never cross my mind. I guess b/c the people in the photos and the ppl looking at them know that it's just a bunch of goofy girls and/or guys acting like 12 year olds...sans booze, or drugs. Of course I deleted it out of respect for her b/c I can only imagine how hard it is to be a Christian minority in a worldly organization where ppl don't usually remember where they were or what they were doing in the picture taken. This small picture makes me realize how lucky I am to be surrounded by ppl that I can be real with, and have fun with and know that I don't have to worry about a picture of me being silly is going to end up on a site littered with half naked girls and drunk/horny guys. I lift about all my peers throughout the Greek community whom have to fight this fight every day, especially on weekends. May you be in the world, but not of the world and set a Godly example for those around you.

No comments: