Monday, December 28, 2009

Eyes on the road kids!

I was taking part in one of my very favorite internet past time...voyerism, when I kind of get ticked off. One of the GH stars was tweeting about her family heading to the snow (she didn't say where) and this was one of the tweets..."yep! While listening to book on tape. Kids have video in back. Audrey finally just fell asleep... Oh. And michael is driving." The part that ticked me off was "kids have video in back". Then she was tweeting pictures and this was a really neat one...


I know I'm a dork, but it wouldn't hurt the kids for the parents to say "Hey check out that mountain." Technology has cooped up our kids and I think that is bad. Somethings a long a road trip are boring, but others are really cool. Then a few years later one of those kids will be in a geography class learning about sedimentary rocks and they would realize that they saw it up and close. When my family is in the car the kids can a) watch stuff outside, read a book if they can, C) take a nap , or D) actually interact with their family. I will say that DVDs and video games on planes is different, because in some case you are flying over water and it's not interesting until about 45 minutes before you land. Then there are other times when you flying across country and the pilot points out different points of interest. I guess you can call me old fashion, or a dork for all the geography classes I took, but observing your environment is much more important than tuning out and watching Sponge Bob.

No comments: