Sunday, January 4, 2009

A New Year... A New Diet

Yes it's that time again. After stuffing our faces with unhealthy food from Oct to Jan we step on the scale and realize it's time to start all over again. As usual I weigh the same as I always do after being a lil porker so 10 lbs and I'll be happy. This year the diet is called, "The Flat Belly Diet". In addition to eating less you cut out certain foods to specifically target your marcy. The first 4 days, we are going on day 3, are detox, which means we have to drink "sassy water" (mint, ginger, cucumber, and lemon), eat 1 pint of tomatoes 2 of the days and eat a handful of sunflower seeds with your bland cereal and sassy water. I'm really trying not to complain, because if there was ever a time to lose some lbs it's now. I'm going to Vegas in March and Mexico and Hawaii in May... and I want to look gooooood. When I start a diet I go in knowing that I don't want to lose 20 lbs b/c I've done that before and it's almost impossible to maintain. I want to be healthy and have a flat stomach, but not be forced to eat a pint of tomatoes when I don't even like tomatoes! If I could go from an 8 to a 6 I'd do a cart wheel, in theory. Dieting always makes me think about the world we live in and how much pressure there is to be "thin". Not everyone can be "thin", but ppl can be healthy and thats what maters. Just the other day I was looking at pictures on OMG (yahoo gossip) and I was reading the comments under a picture of kate winslet and someone said, "I worked on the set of Titanic and she was over weight". That comment made me sad. I responded and was like, "she was probably 130 and if you think that's fat there is something seriously wrong with you". I mean whats wrong with people in general. I bet she was the same size as my sister and if you've seen my sister you would NEVER say she's fat. We wonder why people are self-conscious about their bodies. I see pictures of skinny celebraties and just think, "I'd never want to be that skinny and shapeless". I want to be healthy and not flabby, yet keep my curves. We need more reasonably sized actresses out there that aren't 5'4" and weigh 105 lbs. Teach young girls that it's way hotter to be healthy and curvy. I guess that's my rant. I'm glad that I'm not super self conscious about my weight and compare myself to the rich and famous b/c if I did, I don't think I'd like myself.

*btw- I illegally watched like 3/4 of Revolutionary Road and I can tell you that while it's good, Titanic is a more up-lifting movie (yeah, I know right?).... but I didn't see the end so that's just my opinion as of right now

No comments: