Monday, September 7, 2009

Days long gone...

High school feels like it was so long ago and so much has happened, but sometimes I'm bombarded by what I don't have anymore. When I get bored in the grocery store I usually flip through the soap mags b/c I only watch one show so many times it's not worth buying it. In each magazine they always bold the names of the actors/characters so you can scan the things you want to. Well there is one actress on GH who's name is "Megan Ward". Since she's on GH and I see it all the time I don't usually stop and think about her name, but sometimes "Ward" brings me back to HS. My best friend's name was Rachel Ward and for 13 years, K-12, she was the only Ward I knew of. If I was an only child Rachel would be the closest thing to a sister for me. We were so different, but there was never a time when we really at odds. Then college crept up and we both kind of went our separate ways. I don't regret anything and I still feel immensely blessed by the life long friends I have made these past 5 years, but she was still my best friend and there are still times when I see "Ward" and I realize how much I miss her.


Me and Rachel Ward
Rachel and me at AGO

The other Ward that makes me think of Rachel



*The hair color is the same...hahaha

1 comment:

Sarah Ann Marie Mendez said...

crazy right....how bittersweet it is to grow up and move in different directions...